About the Program
Rome’s rich history serves as a backdrop for contemporary work environments that are diverse and dynamic. The virtual internship in Rome program allows you to develop practical skills in fields such as business, marketing, communication, international relations, and more. Our strong academic focus and personalized placements dedicated to meaningful experiences that make a real impact, allow you to give your career a boost while gaining the global experience you’ve been seeking at an affordable price. Learn more about the benefits of a virtual internship with CEA.
Please note that due to the unique structure of the Virtual Internship program, inclusions such as excursions and housing differ from those of our other programs. Contact your CEA Admissions Counselor or Internship Coach for more information.
- 10/23/20 - 12/11/20
- Apply by:
- Withdraw by:
- Application Requirements
- Transcript - Unofficial
- Complete Application
- $95 Online Application Fee
- Internship Interest Form
- 1 year as a registered college student by the time of application
- Foreign Language
- All Levels, although absolute beginners are discouraged. Native English or equivalent fluency may be required for some placements.
- Minimum GPA:
- 3-4 courses directly related to the internship field of interest or 6 weeks full time work in the field is encouraged.
- Internship Career Field(s)
- Advertising , Agriculture , Architecture , Arts , Broadcasting , Business Management , Communication , Computer Science , Culinary Arts , Culture , Data Management , Economics , Education , Engineering , Environmental Studies , Exercise , Finance , Food Science , Health & Social Services , Hospitality , Information Technology (IT) , International Relations , Journalism , Life Sciences & Resource Management , Marketing , Media Technology , Museum Studies , NGO & Development , Non Profit Administration , Performing Arts , Political Science , Psychology , Public Relations , Publishing , Sales , Social Sciences , Social Services , Sports Science , Sustainability , Theatre , Tourism , Urban Planning
CEA’s virtual internship program includes an online academic seminar and a virtual internship placement. Your internship work schedule may vary depending on industry standards for your career field, time difference and will be determined prior to your start date.
The virtual internship includes an online seminar that you’ll complete independently and through virtual check-ins for a total of 22 contact hours and 120 hours at your virtual internship placement over 6 weeks. You may choose between two 6 week sessions: session I or session II. Together, your online seminar and virtual internship placement are worth 3 credits.
Prior to submitting your application, you will select the internship option that works best for you. We strongly recommended that you apply as soon as possible. Internship positions are selective; students who demonstrate high levels of discipline, initiative, verbal and oral communication skills, motivation, and flexibility throughout the process are most successful in securing placements.
The placement process involves three video interviews: a screening interview with your Internship Coach, a job placement interview with your on-site internship coordinator, and a final interview with your host site supervisor. The host site retains the final decision regarding placements, so it’s important that your interviews reflect your maturity, adaptability, curiosity, and commitment to both your career interests and the host organization.
Upon successfully completing your on-site placement coordinator interview, CEA guarantees you a placement based on the personal, professional, and cross-cultural goals reflected in your interview. All placements will be secured two weeks prior to the program start. Upon placement, you'll automatically be enrolled in your online internship seminar course.If you have confirmed an internship placement in Rome through independent contacts, we can also support you in securing important logistics such as credit transfer. Contact an Admissions Counselor for more details.
All Levels Course Structure
Course offerings are contingent upon enrollment. We'll post an updated list once offerings are finalized.
*Courses with an asterisk indicate that the course has been associated with multiple subject areas.
Please click on the course title to view additional subject areas and detailed course information.
Below is a tentative itinerary for your program. Please note, dates and events below may change without prior notification. Contact CEA before purchasing airline tickets.
You will receive a finalized itinerary once you arrive onsite.
Note: Additional cultural activities/excursions or required course-related activities may be incorporated into your final itinerary. You are advised not to make personal travel arrangements until you have the final dates.