Internship Abroad Job Description
Go Global. Stay Local.
NEW Summer & Fall 2020 Virtual Internships
and Study Programs are now available
CEA is proud to announce our new series of Summer and Fall Virtual Internship and Study programs. Students can now achieve their goal of expanding their global perspective from home. For more information about these new innovative program opportunities, follow the link below.Learn More
$1,000 Flight Voucher when you apply with code by June 25, 2020
CEA Internships Abroad is continuously broadening our internship opportunities around the world and takes care to align each internship with an intern’s experience and area of interest. Here is a sample of what arts internships abroad can entail.
Arts interns will use their research skills to collect information. Interns will be asked to make judgements regarding this through both observation and review of data. Some duties will include:
- Integrating and developing visual elements to produce desired effects
- Receiving visitors at the service and meeting points for tours and accompanying the tours to perform support tasks
- Repairing, restoring, and reassembling artifacts
Competency & Skill Development
CEA Internships Abroad aligns each internship and the seminar course to the skills essential for graduates to be considered career ready by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE).
Below is an example of some of the competency and skill development a CEA Internship Abroad has included in past placements. Each internship will focus on the unique goals of the intern and industry which will be identified throughout the interview and coaching process.
Industry Specific Competency & Skill Development:
- Design and arrange artifacts or products of exhibition, report their condition, and identify/correct any problems with set up.
- Assist with pre- and post-production paperwork, administration, and transcribing.
- Organize campaigns, photoshoots, and visiting design fairs.
NACE Competency & Skill Development:
CEA guarantees placements to qualified students based on each students’ readiness to participate in an internship abroad. Evaluation of readiness will be conducted throughout the pre-departure and internship placement process. Further details will be provided to accepted internship students.