Internship Abroad Job Description
$1,000 Flight Voucher when you apply with code by February 11, 2021
CEA Internships Abroad is continuously broadening our internship opportunities around the world and takes care to align each internship with an intern’s experience and area of interest. Here is a sample of what theatre internships abroad can entail.
Interns will assist with the technical production of theatre, gaining hands on experience and an understanding of the organization’s operations. Some duties can include but are not limited to:
- Shadowing the director, production crews, etc. to develop an understanding of how to make decisions impacting productions
- Sourcing props and costumes needed for show(s)
- Writing, editing, and proposing scripts and other written materials
- Operating lightening and other technical equipment during rehearsal and/or production
Competency & Skill Development
CEA Internships Abroad aligns each internship and the seminar course to the skills essential for graduates to be considered career ready by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE).
Below is an example of some of the competency and skill development a CEA Internship Abroad has included in past placements. Each internship will focus on the unique goals of the intern and industry which will be identified throughout the interview and coaching process.
Industry Specific Competency & Skill Development:
- Understand the overall operations of the organization including the sales, rehearsals, production, and wrap of a project.
- Articulate and execute instructions given by the director and/or production crew.
- Communicate ideas effectively in written and oral communications.
NACE Competency & Skill Development:
CEA guarantees placements to qualified students based on each students’ readiness to participate in an internship abroad. Evaluation of readiness will be conducted throughout the pre-departure and internship placement process. Further details will be provided to accepted internship students.