Internship Abroad Job Description
$1,000 Flight Voucher when you apply with code by February 11, 2021
CEA Internships Abroad is continuously broadening our internship opportunities around the world and takes care to align each internship with an intern’s experience and area of interest. Here is a sample of what food science internships abroad can entail.
Interns will focus on scientific research and the business development of the organization gaining a holistic view of the food science industry. Some duties can include but are not limited to:
- Conducting scientific research for the development of new or improved products
- Evaluating quality of materials and/or products
- Developing lessons and assisting in food preparation classes for clients
- Creating nutritional plans for clients and the business
- Shadowing within various departments at the organization (finance, marketing, etc.)
Competency & Skill Development
CEA Internships Abroad aligns each internship and the seminar course to the skills essential for graduates to be considered career ready by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE).
Below is an example of some of the competency and skill development a CEA Internship Abroad has included in past placements. Each internship will focus on the unique goals of the intern and industry which will be identified throughout the interview and coaching process.
Industry Specific Competency & Skill Development:
- Understand production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing distribution of products.
- Apply knowledge of techniques and equipment used to develop products and plans.
- Define the processes to promote and sell products and plans to consumers.
NACE Competency & Skill Development:
CEA guarantees placements to qualified students based on each students’ readiness to participate in an internship abroad. Evaluation of readiness will be conducted throughout the pre-departure and internship placement process. Further details will be provided to accepted internship students.