Internship Abroad Job Description
$1,000 Flight Voucher when you apply with code by February 11, 2021
CEA Internships Abroad is continuously broadening our internship opportunities around the world and takes care to align each internship with an intern’s experience and area of interest. Here is a sample of what journalism internships abroad can entail.
Interns have a unique opportunity to work within the fast-paced industry abroad and understand how journalist practices differ on a global scale. Some duties can include but are not limited to:
- Interviewing, writing, and producing articles within the given deadlines
- Copyediting colleagues’ articles prior to publication
- Compiling daily aggregation of news from around the region through local media and writing briefs
- Reviewing articles and news and producing a summary report for journalist teams
- Translating articles for publication from the local language to English
Competency & Skill Development
CEA Internships Abroad aligns each internship and the seminar course to the skills essential for graduates to be considered career ready by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE).
Below is an example of some of the competency and skill development a CEA Internship Abroad has included in past placements. Each internship will focus on the unique goals of the intern and industry which will be identified throughout the interview and coaching process.
Industry Specific Competency & Skill Development:
- Articulate ideas clearly, through written and visual content, to consumers and clients.
- Summarize reports and impressions of regional and global news and interviews.
- Understand ethical practices of journalism of the host organization compared to US practices.
NACE Competency & Skill Development:
CEA guarantees placements to qualified students based on each students’ readiness to participate in an internship abroad. Evaluation of readiness will be conducted throughout the pre-departure and internship placement process. Further details will be provided to accepted internship students.