Internship Abroad Job Description
Get a Flight Credit worth up to $500 when you apply with code* by March 15, 2024
CEA CAPA Internships Abroad is continuously broadening our internship opportunities around the world and takes care to align each internship with an intern’s experience and area of interest. Here is a sample of what hospitality internships abroad can entail.
Interns will work in the dynamic and ever-growing industry of hospitality in a variety of capacities. Some duties can include but are not limited to:
- Observing the management of a local restaurant and its operations
- Assisting in the assessment of the business’s performance and recommending opportunities to improve efficiencies and client engagement
- Planning and executing events for clients
- Welcoming guests and providing tours and other programming
Competency & Skill Development
CEA CAPA Internships Abroad aligns each internship and the seminar course to the skills essential for graduates to be considered career ready by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE).
Below is an example of some of the competency and skill development a CEA CAPA Internship Abroad has included in past placements. Each internship will focus on the unique goals of the intern and industry which will be identified throughout the interview and coaching process.
Industry Specific Competency & Skill Development:
- Understand the client's needs and concerns and identify solutions.
- Compare local business practices to common US practices within the hospitality industry.
- Organize and implement programming for clients.
NACE Competency & Skill Development:
CEA CAPA guarantees placements to qualified students based on each students’ readiness to participate in an internship abroad. Evaluation of readiness will be conducted throughout the pre-departure and internship placement process. Further details will be provided to accepted internship students.
Find the program you're looking for in these destinations: