Internship Abroad Job Description
$1,000 Flight Voucher when you apply with code by February 11, 2021
CEA Internships Abroad is continuously broadening our internship opportunities around the world and takes care to align each internship with an intern’s experience and area of interest. Here is a sample of what culinary arts internships abroad can entail.
Culinary Arts interns will work to learn the ins and outs of being a chef—from managing a cooking class to a restaurant, interns will utilize their technical cooking skills to successfully execute each day. Some duties can include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with assessment of restaurant business performance
- Aiding in the preparation of food and tasting of recipes
- Conducting research on clients and new products
- Supporting marketing activities by managing social media and website content
Competency & Skill Development
CEA Internships Abroad aligns each internship and the seminar course to the skills essential for graduates to be considered career ready by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE).
Below is an example of some of the competency and skill development a CEA Internship Abroad has included in past placements. Each internship will focus on the unique goals of the intern and industry which will be identified throughout the interview and coaching process.
Industry Specific Competency & Skill Development:
- Analyze and plan restaurant sales levels and profitability.
- Assist with and support the preparation of food and the reports regarding staff control.
- Create content for culinary and drink blogs.
NACE Competency & Skill Development:
CEA guarantees placements to qualified students based on each students’ readiness to participate in an internship abroad. Evaluation of readiness will be conducted throughout the pre-departure and internship placement process. Further details will be provided to accepted internship students.