Study Abroad Grant Official Rules
Flight Credit Offer Official Rules
Flight Credit – CEA is offering a StudentUniverse flight credit code to students who meet the requirements for CEA's Flight Credit Offer. The Recipient is solely responsible for all expenses not expressly included in the flight credit, including, without limitation: taxes, transportation, gratuities, transfers, charges for oversized or excess baggage, and travel upgrades or changes. The entire value of the flight credit must be used in a single transaction and with no option to receive cash back or compensation for any unused portion of the flight credit during transaction. Eligible students may be required to pay for full airfare amount upfront, and then receive a credit from StudentUniverse later. Credits from StudentUniverse are typically processed in 3-7 business days. Flight credit must be redeemed with StudentUniverse prior to expiration. Any passports or other required travel documents associated with traveling outside of the United States are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Flight credits can only be used to book flights in the program participants name, you cannot purchase flights for another person. Students are only able to purchase multiple flights in one transaction over the phone with StudentUniverse. Select budget or regional airlines such as EasyJet and RyanAir are not eligible for multi-flight bookings.
- Only first time applicants are eligible to use a promotion code.
- A flight credit is only available for participants applying to a CEA program three weeks or longer.
- Applicants must enter the promotion code on their application in order to qualify. Codes cannot be retroactively added after an application is already complete.
- Eligibility is also determined by an applicant’s home university. Select universities are not eligible for promotions. Check with a CEA representative for more details.
- Flight credits are not valid in combination with any other offers or discounts.
- Custom/Faculty-Led program students are not eligible for flight credits.
- Virtual program students are not eligible for flight credits.
- Short Term, J Term, and Intensive program students are not eligible for flight credits.
- The promotion code can only be used once by an applicant.
- Flight credits are only issued directly to the applicant and can only be used to purchase travel in the applicant’s name.
- Applicants who are not eligible to use the promotion code, or who apply while a promotion code is not available, will not be granted any price adjustment or refund.
- Applicants are only eligible for the promotion running at the time their application is completed.
- Applicants who have previously applied and withdrawn from a CEA program are not eligible for future promotions.
Receiving a Flight Credit
- In order for a qualified applicant to receive the flight credit, one of the following criteria must be met:
- Withdrawal date for applicant’s eligible CEA program has passed and the applicant's payment status is in good standing with CEA
- Applicant is paid in full with CEA
- To claim the flight credit prior to program withdrawal date, student must complete one of the following three options:
- Pay program cost in full.
- Set up a Payment Plan with your Financial Services Specialist. In order to receive the flight credit, the $100 set-up fee and 25% of the program cost must be paid.
- Complete the Financial Aid Deferral Form and any applicable consortium agreements.
- If financial aid only covers part of a program, a CEA payment plan listed above may be set up to cover the remaining balance.
Rules of Redemption
- The entire value of the flight credit must be used in a single transaction. There is no option to receive cash back or compensation for any unused portion of the flight credit.
- Applicants are only able to purchase multiple flights in one transaction over the phone with StudentUniverse. Select budget or regional airlines such as EasyJet and RyanAir are not eligible for multi-flight bookings.
- The applicant is solely responsible for all expenses not expressly covered by the flight credit, including, without limitation: taxes, transportation, gratuities, transfers, charges for oversized or excess baggage, and travel upgrades or changes.
- Eligible applicants may be required to pay for full airfare amount upfront and receive a statement credit from StudentUniverse later. Credits from StudentUniverse are typically processed in 3-7 business days.
- Flight credits must be redeemed with StudentUniverse prior to their expiration.
- CEA is not able to act as an intermediary between an applicant or family member and StudentUniverse and cannot book any travel on behalf of an applicant.
- If an applicant withdraws from their program and has used the flight credit code, they will be required to pay back the value of the flight credit to CEA. This is in addition to the standard CEA program withdrawal policies.
Determination of Recipients
Recipients will be determined according to when CEA receives their application, which is time stamped by CEA at the time of receipt. This time is according to the Mountain Standard Time zone (MST) and the time stamp from CEA's system. The time/date stamp issued by CEA will be used in determining Recipients. Flight credit recipients will be notified by email of their status. CEA is not responsible for technical difficulties and shall not be liable for early, late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to submit an application. Recipients must meet all eligibility requirements prescribed for their specific program. CEA reserves the right to cancel the offer at any time.
Recipients agree that CEA and any advertising or promotion company CEA selects may use Recipients' names, likenesses, and additional information concerning the Recipients, such as hometowns and states, for CEA's advertising purposes in any media worldwide, without further compensation. By using the offer code, Recipients agree that CEA may, in its sole discretion, (a) notify Recipients' colleges that the applicants are Recipients, (b) send out press releases, and (c) announce the Recipients in the CEA Study Abroad e-newsletter. CEA is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of this discount offer, or in the announcement of Recipients.
CEA assumes no responsibility for any losses, claims, damages or injuries resulting from participating in this offer or receiving, accepting, or utilizing a flight credit. By receiving, accepting, or utilizing a flight credit, Recipients agree to release and hold harmless CEA and its employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents from and against any and all losses, claims, injuries, causes of action and damages (including, without limitation, direct, incidental, indirect, special, exemplary or punitive damages) arising out of or related to participation in CEA's offer or the acceptance, receipt, use, or misuse of the flight credit.
Any and all disputes arising out of or related to these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the meaning and interpretation of these Official Rules, the administration of this offer, the determination of Recipients, the award of a flight credit, or the rights and obligations of any Recipient and CEA concerning a flight credit, will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Arizona, without regard to conflict of laws principles. Furthermore, any action or proceeding arising from or related to these Official Rules shall be brought in a federal or state court located in Maricopa County, Arizona and its jurisdiction.
Rules & Grant Recipients
A copy of these Official Rules and/or a list of Recipients are available by mailing a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the following address:
Marketing Department: Official Rules & Winners
702 E. Osborn Rd. Ste 200
Phoenix, AZ 85014