Study Abroad Grant Official Rules
Flight Voucher Offer Official Rules
Flight Voucher – CEA is offering a StudentUniverse voucher code to students who meet the requirements for CEA's Flight Voucher Offer. The Recipient is solely responsible for all expenses not expressly included in the voucher, including, without limitation: taxes, transportation, gratuities, transfers, charges for oversized or excess baggage, and travel upgrades or changes. The entire value of the voucher must be used in a single transaction and with no option to receive cash back or compensation for any unused portion of the voucher during transaction. Eligible students may be required to pay for full airfare amount upfront, and then receive a credit from StudentUniverse later. Credits from StudentUniverse are typically processed in 3-7 business days. Voucher must be redeemed with StudentUniverse prior to expiration. Any passports or other required travel documents associated with traveling outside of the United States are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Travel vouchers can only be used to book flights in the program participants name, you cannot purchase flights for another person. Students are only able to purchase multiple flights in one transaction over the phone with StudentUniverse. Select budget or regional airlines such as EasyJet and RyanAir are not eligible for multi-flight bookings.
- A voucher is only available for students applying to Summer programs 3 weeks or longer, Semester programs, and Academic Year programs. Short Term, J Term, and Intensive programs are not eligible for vouchers.
- CEA is offering a voucher to students who apply online to an eligible CEA program between dates specified in the offer.
- Applicants who apply outside the dates of travel voucher eligibility, withdraw, and reapply to obtain the voucher will not be eligible.
- Applicants must enter promo code on their application to qualify
- The promo code can only be used once by the applicant. Students cannot use their codes for other students’ travel.
- In order for a qualified student to receive the voucher, one of the following criteria must also be met:
- Withdrawal date for applicant’s eligible CEA program has passed and the Applicant's payment status is in good standing with CEA
- Student is paid in full with CEA
To claim the voucher prior to program withdrawal date, student must complete one of the following three options:
- Pay program cost in full. Mail a check to CEA’s home office or go paperless with any major credit card or e-check through the MyCEA Account.
- Sign up for CEA’s payment plan. Payment plans are designed to have three installments: 25% of the program cost + $100 payment plan fee, the next 25% of the cost, and finally the remaining 50%.
- Pay with financial aid.
- Work with school’s financial aid or study abroad office to complete a CEA Financial Aid Deferral Form and any applicable consortium agreements.
- Submit the documents to a CEA Site Specialist or Student Accounts Advisor.
- If financial aid only covers part of a program, a CEA payment plan listed above may be set up to cover the remaining balance.
- Please note, vouchers requested prior to a student’s withdraw date have a processing time of 1-2 weeks. Vouchers cannot be expedited or issued to students on the same day of the request.
- Applicants who complete an application prior to or after the timeframe of voucher eligibility, will not be granted any price adjustment or refund.
- Vouchers are not valid with any other offers or discounts. Vouchers cannot be applied to Custom/Faculty-Led programs.
- Eligible students will be notified by email at the conclusion of the offer term.
- If a participant withdraws from their program and have used the travel voucher code, they will be required to pay back the value of the voucher to CEA. This is in addition to the standard CEA program withdrawal policies.
Determination of Recipients
Recipients will be determined according to when CEA receives their application, which is time stamped by CEA at the time of receipt. This time is according to the Mountain Standard Time zone (MST) and the time stamp from CEA's system. The time/date stamp issued by CEA will be used in determining Recipients. Voucher recipients will be notified by email of their status. CEA is not responsible for technical difficulties and shall not be liable for early, late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to submit an application. Recipients must meet all eligibility requirements prescribed for their specific program. CEA reserves the right to cancel the offer at any time.
Recipients agree that CEA and any advertising or promotion company CEA selects may use Recipients' names, likenesses, and additional information concerning the Recipients, such as hometowns and states, for CEA's advertising purposes in any media worldwide, without further compensation. By using the offer code, Recipients agree that CEA may, in its sole discretion, (a) notify Recipients' colleges that the applicants are Recipients, (b) send out press releases, and (c) announce the Recipients in the CEA Study Abroad e-newsletter. CEA is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of this discount offer, or in the announcement of Recipients.
CEA assumes no responsibility for any losses, claims, damages or injuries resulting from participating in this offer or receiving, accepting, or utilizing a voucher. By receiving, accepting, or utilizing a voucher, Recipients agree to release and hold harmless CEA and its employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents from and against any and all losses, claims, injuries, causes of action and damages (including, without limitation, direct, incidental, indirect, special, exemplary or punitive damages) arising out of or related to participation in CEA's offer or the acceptance, receipt, use, or misuse of the voucher.
Any and all disputes arising out of or related to these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the meaning and interpretation of these Official Rules, the administration of this offer, the determination of Recipients, the award of a voucher, or the rights and obligations of any Recipient and CEA concerning a voucher, will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Arizona, without regard to conflict of laws principles. Furthermore, any action or proceeding arising from or related to these Official Rules shall be brought in a federal or state court located in Maricopa County, Arizona and its jurisdiction.
Rules & Grant Recipients
A copy of these Official Rules and/or a list of Recipients are available by mailing a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the following address:
Marketing Department: Official Rules & Winners
2999 N. 44th Street, Suite 200
Phoenix, AZ 85018-7248