Internship Abroad Job Description
Go Global. Stay Local.
NEW Summer & Fall 2020 Virtual Internships
and Study Programs are now available
CEA is proud to announce our new series of Summer and Fall Virtual Internship and Study programs. Students can now achieve their goal of expanding their global perspective from home. For more information about these new innovative program opportunities, follow the link below.Learn More
$1,000 Flight Voucher when you apply with code by June 25, 2020
CEA Internships Abroad is continuously broadening our internship opportunities around the world and takes care to align each internship with an intern’s experience and area of interest. Here is a sample of what engineering internships abroad can entail.
*Note: Engineering internships will require candidates to have completed several upper-division relevant courses and may require additional placement hours throughout the program.
Engineering internships are offered in a variety of career fields and offer the unique opportunity to engage in technical and/or research based projects. Some duties can include but are not limited to:
- Operating specialized or advanced variation tools to perform precision techniques
- Assisting in drafting proposals to win bids
- Estimating resource requirements for development or production projects
- Assisting engineers in technical development of products and research
- Explaining project details to potential clients and general public
Competency & Skill Development
CEA Internships Abroad aligns each internship and the seminar course to the skills essential for graduates to be considered career ready by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE).
Below is an example of some of the competency and skill development a CEA Internship Abroad has included in past placements. Each internship will focus on the unique goals of the intern and industry which will be identified throughout the interview and coaching process.
Industry Specific Competency & Skill Development:
- Communicate technical aspects of a project clearly to a non-technical audience such as clients and/or general public.
- Understand needs and project requirements to create a proposal or design.
- Demonstrate practical application of engineering science and technology.
NACE Competency & Skill Development:
CEA guarantees placements to qualified students based on each students’ readiness to participate in an internship abroad. Evaluation of readiness will be conducted throughout the pre-departure and internship placement process. Further details will be provided to accepted internship students.