Internship Abroad Job Description
$1,000 Flight Voucher when you apply with code by August 05, 2021
CEA Internships Abroad is continuously broadening our internship opportunities around the world and takes care to align each internship with an intern’s experience and area of interest. Here is a sample of what urban planning internships abroad can entail.
Interns support proposed plans for clients through a variety of activities in the development and design phases. Some duties can include but are not limited to:
- Preparing presentations for clients using both 2D and 3D models
- Researching regional laws and compliances required for projects
- Drafting papers, proposals, and evidential support for documents
- Managing tasks and time taken for specific components of a project
- Attending meetings with the client as well as in the community
Competency & Skill Development
CEA Internships Abroad aligns each internship and the seminar course to the skills essential for graduates to be considered career ready by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE).
Below is an example of some of the competency and skill development a CEA Internship Abroad has included in past placements. Each internship will focus on the unique goals of the intern and industry which will be identified throughout the interview and coaching process.
Industry Specific Competency & Skill Development:
- Research local laws, codes, and government regulations that affect the project and compare these to common practices in the US.
- Articulate ideas clearly to clients through written communication and attractive visual aids.
- Understand a client's vision and conceptualize it into a design.
NACE Competency & Skill Development:
CEA guarantees placements to qualified students based on each students’ readiness to participate in an internship abroad. Evaluation of readiness will be conducted throughout the pre-departure and internship placement process. Further details will be provided to accepted internship students.