Here are our Top 5 Must Haves for Study Abroad:
1. Digital Camera. So what if you look like a tourist snapping pictures of every monument, sidewalk, and piece of interesting looking food? These are lifelong memories you're creating – aren't they worth sharing, too?
2. Flip Video Camcorder. Some experiences are better recorded live. Try explaining to your friends what it's like when a group of people spontaneously break into a Tai Chi routine in the middle of the sidewalk in Shanghai, or just how many steps are really in the 463 steps to the top of Dumo in Florence. Photos can be doctored. Video is proof of life – and living!
3. Laptop. Of course, laptops make homework and research papers much easier – even overseas. No more waiting for your turn at the computer lab. Just prop up a couple pillows, kick back and catch up with your friends on Facebook before you cram for that term paper.
4. E-Reader. Nothing goes better with sidewalk cafes than "Eat, Pray, Love." Download your favorite books to your new e-Reader and leave room in your suitcase for more essentials, like that great scarf you found or souvenirs for Mom.
5. iTouch. The wheels on the bus go round and round … Okay, we're not 5 years old anymore. How about you pack a new iTouch for those hours-long bus tours to nearby cities. Download a little Frank Sinatra ("Come Fly with Me") to get you in the travelin' mood.
A little short on cash this summer? If you're looking to study abroad in Spring 2011, CEA is offering a $500 Best Buy® gift card to the first 100 students who apply beginning July 12th! Check out the details today.
Read more about our CEA MOJO Bloggers & Photographers.