Custom Study Abroad Program Development
CEA CAPA's approach to custom programs allows institutions and students to choose the program that best suits their needs. Our academic program models provide adaptable and versatile programming opportunities across all our study abroad locations.
- Faculty-Taught: Faculty member(s) leads a group abroad and teaches a specific course(s).
- CEA CAPA-Taught: Students enroll in CEA CAPA- and/or partner institution-taught courses as part of a specifically designed program.
- Shared Academics: Faculty member(s) leads a group, teaches a specific course, and students also enroll in CEA CAPA- and/or partner institution-taught courses.
- Program length options include J-Term, summer, Maymester, intersession, quarter, trimester, block, semester, or academic year; programs are typically a minimum of three weeks.
CEA CAPA supports programs in the locations seen below. In each of these cities, CEA CAPA has established programming, infrastructure, and staffing. This allows us to provide robust academic, logistical, and health/safety support for which we’re known.
• French Riviera: Antibes
• French Alps: Grenoble
• Buenos Aires
• San José
Our active learning focus allows students to gain a deeper understanding of the curriculum. Both in and out of the classroom, academic enhancements encourage students to connect their first-hand observations to the subjects they study. You may choose to complement your program’s academics with:
Business and Site Visits
Community-Based Global Learning*
*Availability varies based on location and program durationExplore Housing Options
We choose housing that provides an optimal experience for students. Housing varies by location and duration of the program, but may include:
Homestays With Local Families
Hotels or Hostels
Our knowledgeable onsite staff and extensive local networks allow students to explore notable sites with historic, cultural, and scenic value and relate these experiences to their studies. The program may designate specific activities or rely on CEA CAPA’s expertise to design co-curriculars that complement program objectives, such as:
Day Trips or Overnight Excursions
“Over the six years that we have worked with CEA on our custom program to Rome we have been consistently impressed by the quality of collaboration, the attention to details—both logistical and academic—and the collegiality of the staff both in the US and especially in Rome. Furthermore, CEA’s program pricing has been highly competitive, and they have been very responsive and creative in finding affordable and high quality solutions to our needs. On site, CEA staff members have been fantastic—friendly, efficient, highly professional, and dedicated to the success of our program. The study center in Prati has offered us very well-equipped teaching spaces and has many aspects of our complex program run even more smoothly. They are truly colleagues in our academic endeavor.”
We'll Help You Recruit and Prepare Students By:
- Providing recruitment tools and resources.
- Offering student support services such as pre-departure forms, visa advising, and addressing student/family questions.
- Arranging a video call with the program leader and CEA CAPA onsite staff to plan a daily program schedule of activities.
- Assisting with the design and facilitation of a comprehensive pre-departure orientation.
Once Students and Faculty Arrive OnSite, We Will:
- Provide airport transfer, an arrival orientation focusing on health and safety during the program, and a tour of the city.
- Keep onsite staff available during every aspect and stage of the program.
- Offer 24/7 emergency support and handle student issues as needed.
After the Program Ends, We Will:
- Provide transcripts or grade reports as needed.
- Send program evaluations.
- Meet with you to debrief and begin planning any future programs.
Find additional information about CEA CAPA's Custom and Faculty-Led programming and support:
Why CEA capa?
Discover how CEA CAPA can support your vision for a custom and/or faculty-led program abroad.
Explore the variety of academic disciplines, co-curricular programming, and cultural engagement activities that CEA CAPA can support across our locations.View Examples