Custom Study Abroad Programs
Why CEA CAPA?
Why CEA CAPA?
Why Partner with CEA CAPA
CEA CAPA Education Abroad offers custom and faculty-led programs and its own semester and summer programs. Our flexible custom program options take advantage of CEA CAPA’s combined 75 years of expertise in creating academic and career readiness programs abroad.
At CEA CAPA, we help develop custom and faculty-led programs, taking into consideration short-and long-term strategies, listening carefully to ideas, and working to create a meaningful program at an accessible cost. Take advantage of our expertise and extensive network, including our internship placements, professional site visits, co-curricular activities calendar, and guest lectures.
- Consultation with dedicated Custom Program Developers to explore program vision and goals
- Specialized program inclusions to align with student learning outcomes
- Curriculum development (if needed)
- Flexible pricing options for your budget
- Marketing and recruitment support
- Student advising and document collection
- Visa application instructions and support
- Final program planning
- Feedback survey and debrief discussions
- Official transcripts from Schools of Record or grade reports (as needed for CEA CAPA-taught courses)
- Official transcripts from local partner institutions (as needed for partner-taught courses)
- Airport transfer upon arrival
- Comprehensive onsite orientation, including health and safety
- Classroom space at a CEA CAPA Study Center or local academic facility
- CEA CAPA and/or international partner institution courses (if needed)
- Co-curricular and active learning activities
- Daytrips and overnight excursions to sites of interest
- Internship, service learning, and volunteer opportunities (varies by location)
- Cultural activities and group meals
- Diverse housing options for students and faculty
- Extensive co-curricular and logistical support from permanent onsite staff
- Student-centered approach to special accommodations
- Risk management and 24/7 emergency support
- Liability, medical, emergency, and evacuation insurance coverage
Commitment to Quality Academic Programming
Established International Infrastructure
Flexibility in Program Options & Inclusions
Robust Support Services
Health & Safety Coverage
Commitment to Expanding Program Opportunities
Our Custom Programs team is passionate about developing and facilitating programming to serve the diversity of student populations enrolling in higher education. Inclusivity is more than just a word to us, it’s a core value for CEA CAPA. We believe inclusive practices cultivate curiosity, innovation, and the ability to provide unparalleled global experiences. We are an organization where we want all individuals to feel valued, recognized and supported. We are committed to taking continuous action, holding ourselves accountable, actively seeking feedback, and being transparent in our work.
Custom and faculty-led programs in particular serve as a valuable tool in the effort to increase access to global experiences. Often, customized experiences offer more flexibility in timing, price, and curriculum, thus breaking down barriers for historically marginalized groups. Additionally, custom programs can be intentionally designed for particular student populations, ensuring that the specific interests and needs of these students are championed and supported.
identity-based programs we are proud to have supported:
- First-Generation Student program focused on global competence that rotates between Seville and Rome
- First-Generation Student program in Florence, focused on engineering
- "Gay Paris" program, focused on LGBTQIA+ studies
- HBCU-supporting program in San Jose, focused on health sciences and career development
- Human Rights & Service-Learning program in San Jose, run out of a Multicultural Student Services office
- Sign Language Studies program in Paris, open to hearing, deaf, and hard-of-hearing students
- Black Lives Matter program in London, focusing on comparative studies of social justice movements between the UK and the U.S.
- HBCU-supporting short-term programs focused on globalization and migration
Study Centers and Custom Program Locations
Located in cities across Europe, Latin America, and Oceania, our Study Centers accommodate a range of instruction and program types. Study centers are staffed year-round with a team dedicated to housing, academics, student welfare, global internships, and health, safety, and student affairs. Centers provide instructional technology, office space, computer labs, internet access, study areas, and faculty lounges. In most locations, faculty and students may also utilize our international partner institution’s academic resources.
CEA CAPA Support Services
We collaborate with institutions to provide full end-to-end support. Our partners can rely on our expertise and infrastructure to ensure every detail is thoughtfully and thoroughly taken care of for your program.
Each program will have a dedicated U.S.-based CEA CAPA team made up of your Regional Director, a Custom Program Developer, a Custom Program Manager, and a Partner Student Advisor, who are here to support program development, recruitment, pre-departure advising, logistics and more.
“I could not have been more pleased with the level of professionalism, attention to detail, helpfulness, and enthusiasm that CEA provided throughout the process. Not only was the Phoenix staff extremely helpful and timely, but the on the ground staff in Paris went above and beyond our expectations. And while I believe that partnering with CEA for a study abroad is perfect for a first time program or faculty member, even an old pro like me can benefit from their excellent level of service and commitment. Thank you CEA and we look forward to being back in Paris!!”
Find additional information about CEA CAPA's Custom and Faculty-Led programming and support:
Explore the variety of academic disciplines, co-curricular programming, and cultural engagement activities that CEA CAPA can support across our locations.View Examples
Walk through the program lifecycle, including CEA CAPA's approach to program development, pre-departure, arrival onsite, and post-program support.Start Now