Internship Abroad Job Description
Go Global. Stay Local.
NEW Summer & Fall 2020 Virtual Internships
and Study Programs are now available
CEA is proud to announce our new series of Summer and Fall Virtual Internship and Study programs. Students can now achieve their goal of expanding their global perspective from home. For more information about these new innovative program opportunities, follow the link below.Learn More
$1,000 Flight Voucher when you apply with code by June 25, 2020
CEA Internships Abroad is continuously broadening our internship opportunities around the world and takes care to align each internship with an intern’s experience and area of interest. Here is a sample of what teaching internships abroad can entail.
*Note: Teaching internships may require candidates to understand and speak the local language.
Interns will assist in the development, instruction, and support of educational programming for the organization. Some duties can include but are not limited to:
- Developing lesson plans or programs based on instructional objectives
- Evaluating the effectiveness of a delivered lesson or program and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Assisting in after school/summer camp programming
- Presenting information to students and colleagues
- Tutoring and assisting students with assignments and tasks
Competency & Skill Development
CEA Internships Abroad aligns each internship and the seminar course to the skills essential for graduates to be considered career ready by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE).
Below is an example of some of the competency and skill development a CEA Internship Abroad has included in past placements. Each internship will focus on the unique goals of the intern and industry which will be identified throughout the interview and coaching process.
Industry Specific Competency & Skill Development:
- Articulate ideas to students clearly using effective communication and teaching methods.
- Identify and adjust communication and teaching styles to suit the unique needs of students.
- Select and implement the correct instructional method for a given situation.
NACE Competency & Skill Development:
CEA guarantees placements to qualified students based on each students’ readiness to participate in an internship abroad. Evaluation of readiness will be conducted throughout the pre-departure and internship placement process. Further details will be provided to accepted internship students.