Internship Abroad Job Description
Get a Flight Credit worth up to $1,000 when you apply with code* by February 17, 2023
CEA Internships Abroad is continuously broadening our internship opportunities around the world and takes care to align each internship with an intern’s experience and area of interest. Here is a sample of what museum studies internships abroad can entail.
Internships will vary based on the intern’s specific industry focus but may include placements in curation, archiving, or education. Some duties can include but are not limited to:
- Providing guided tours to visitors and educating guests throughout the museum
- Monitoring and delivering educational programming at an art exhibit
- Observing and evaluating archival or historical objects
- Preparing materials for preservation, storage, or display
Competency & Skill Development
CEA Internships Abroad aligns each internship and the seminar course to the skills essential for graduates to be considered career ready by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE).
Below is an example of some of the competency and skill development a CEA Internship Abroad has included in past placements. Each internship will focus on the unique goals of the intern and industry which will be identified throughout the interview and coaching process.
Industry Specific Competency & Skill Development:
- Classify and organize materials for display or archives.
- Explain the history of materials to guests visiting from around the world.
- Plan, deliver, and track effectiveness of educational programming.
NACE Competency & Skill Development:
CEA guarantees placements to qualified students based on each students’ readiness to participate in an internship abroad. Evaluation of readiness will be conducted throughout the pre-departure and internship placement process. Further details will be provided to accepted internship students.
Find the program you're looking for in these destinations: