Internship Abroad Job Description
$1,000 Flight Voucher when you apply with code by February 11, 2021
CEA Internships Abroad is continuously broadening our internship opportunities around the world and takes care to align each internship with an intern’s experience and area of interest. Here is a sample of what law internships abroad can entail.
Interns will gain exposure to the use of law within a professional environment, which can be subsequently leveraged for post graduate applications. Some duties can include but are not limited to:
- Writing summary reports on recent law cases to be published on the organization's website
- Assisting in legal research for GDPR compliance and other legal competences
- Using database(s) to investigate legal issues or incidents
- Maintaining operational records
- Shadowing the legal department to understand its collaboration within the organization
Competency & Skill Development
CEA Internships Abroad aligns each internship and the seminar course to the skills essential for graduates to be considered career ready by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE).
Below is an example of some of the competency and skill development a CEA Internship Abroad has included in past placements. Each internship will focus on the unique goals of the intern and industry which will be identified throughout the interview and coaching process.
Industry Specific Competency & Skill Development:
- Demonstrate ethical judgement and make recommendations on cases.
- Understand and articulate the differences in legal practices in the host country as they compare to those in the US.
- Communicate ideas clearly to clients and colleagues who may not understand legal concepts.
NACE Competency & Skill Development:
CEA guarantees placements to qualified students based on each students’ readiness to participate in an internship abroad. Evaluation of readiness will be conducted throughout the pre-departure and internship placement process. Further details will be provided to accepted internship students.