Internship Abroad Job Description
$1,000 Flight Voucher when you apply with code by February 11, 2021
CEA Internships Abroad is continuously broadening our internship opportunities around the world and takes care to align each internship with an intern’s experience and area of interest. Here is a sample of what health internships abroad can entail.
*Note: Health-related internships allow interns to understand global health issues and support services. Health-related internships commonly focus on the administrative, educational, and/or support of the industry and do not often include patient-facing work.
Interns will support health-related initiatives at the organization and learn about the health issues that affect the region. Some duties can include but are not limited to:
- Supporting research teams in collecting and analyzing data on health issues
- Preparing and distributing health education programming for clients at a local NGO and discussing patient cases and care
- Writing fundraising grants to support programming for refugees or other clients
- Assisting trainers and nutritionists in personalized care
Competency & Skill Development
CEA Internships Abroad aligns each internship and the seminar course to the skills essential for graduates to be considered career ready by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE).
Below is an example of some of the competency and skill development a CEA Internship Abroad has included in past placements. Each internship will focus on the unique goals of the intern and industry which will be identified throughout the interview and coaching process.
Industry Specific Competency & Skill Development:
- Demonstrate ethical judgement and make recommendations on improvements to health initiatives.
- Articulate health issues that affect the local region as they compare to common health issues in the US.
- Understand methods for programming design, teaching, and assessment of programs given to clients.
NACE Competency & Skill Development:
CEA guarantees placements to qualified students based on each students’ readiness to participate in an internship abroad. Evaluation of readiness will be conducted throughout the pre-departure and internship placement process. Further details will be provided to accepted internship students.