Overview of Requirements
As a MOJO, you are required to submit your video sets and edited videos according to your predetermined timeline (sent to you individually) as well as engage with CEA on social media three times per week throughout your semester abroad. At the end of your program, you’ll complete the tracking sheet where all your work will be recorded (so you can get credit for it!) See this post on how to compete your tracking sheet.
As a MOJO Videographer, you are expected to complete:
- 4 sets of video clips throughout the semester based on your personal timeline from topic lists B & C. 10-15 mins of footage in each set.
- 3 edited videos with a small written component from topic list A or C
- 2-4 minutes covering the chosen topic
- Videos must contain at least 40% B-Roll footage (not just an interview of one or multiple people), voice-over encouraged.
- 100-200 words, helping you tell the story of the video.
- 3 social media posts per week tagged with #CEAabroad throughout your entire semester abroad
- These can be on a social media platform of your choice (Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Feel free to share your blog posts once they are published
- Note: you must diversify your social shares (i.e. you cannot count 2 Instagram posts/week, 2 Facebook posts/week, etc. Rather, one Facebook post and one Instagram post or a mix of your preferred social media platforms)
- 2 social media "posts" during your semester must come in the form of Instagram Story takeovers. (You'll have first choice in scheduling -- please email MOJO@ceastudyabroad.com with your preferred timeslots!)
- One will be around your study abroad city, and the other will be during a CEA excursion or other cultural event you’d like to showcase.
- Start by introducing yourself: Home university (tag their IG handle/their study abroad office handle in your story), major, year, name (can tag your own IG handle if you’d like), and that you’re studying abroad in [CITY]
- This intro story can be either a still photo with typed descriptions or a video
- Think about what future students would want to see! Some ideas to get you started:
- Academic life + learning
- Favorite places in your city
- Food favorites
- Your housing
- CEA excursions
- Anything else you feel is relevant
- Feel free to use Instagram’s Story features as you wish (polls, quizzes, reaction sliders, location tags, question boxes, GIFs, etc.)
- Save all stories during the takeover in your respective city’s Highlight (make new one if none there)
- Please create at least five Stories (the more, the merrier!) per takeover
- 3 CEA program reviews (one review may count as one social media engagement) Here are the links:
Requirements for Photos
- 300 dpi
- MP4 or MOV format
- Original clips (videos have been taken by you), no editing, cropping or filters when they’re uploaded to Google Drive.
- Make sure you upload the originals to Google Drive!
- Please limit your selfies
- Have fun with your videos, and be creative! Here are some great tips on how to take web-worthy videos.
- Content CANNOT include: Swearing, disrespectful language, dangerous activities (e.g., skydiving, hitchhiking, running with the bulls, parties, non-cultural alcohol events, etc.), nudity (exception for art), alcohol (exception for CEA events). Please also see CEA’s online community guidelines.
- All submitted work is your own, is NOT featured anywhere else (including personal or university blogs) and becomes CEA’s property.
Read more about our CEA MOJO Bloggers & Photographers.