The Gilman Program provides up to $5,000 to students:
- From diverse ethnic backgrounds
- Going to a nontraditional study abroad destination
- Attending community college
- With disabilities
- In fields of study of study underrepresented in study abroad
CEA Global Education is enrolling now for Summer and Fall 2010 at our Shanghai Global Campus. Shanghai is the financial center of China and offers students the opportunity to study international business, Chinese language at any level and more alongside Chinese students. Our new Global Campus is hosted by East China Normal University, known as the "Garden University" for its lush landscape and park-like setting.
The deadline to apply for the Gilman Scholarship in time for the Fall 2010 semester is April 6. Interested students must be:
- A U.S. citizen undergraduate student enrolled in a two- or four-year institution in the United States
- Receiving a Pell Grant at the time of application or during the study abroad term
- Applying to a study abroad program eligible for credit at the student's university or college
- Studying abroad for a minimum of four weeks in one country
- Studying abroad in a country that is not on the U.S. Department of State's Travel Warning List or Cuba
Read more about our CEA Content Creators.