CEA Study Abroad
Scholarships & Grants
Get a Flight Voucher worth up to $1,000 when you apply with code* by May 18, 2022
CEA Scholarships & Grants
Studying or interning abroad is a life-changing opportunity that can enhance your global competence and improve your employability. CEA works to increase access to international education experiences through increased funding by committing more than $2.0 million each year to our scholarship & grant programs.
Our aim is to award funding in a timely manner that will support a student’s decision to go abroad. Upon acceptance, CEA students will automatically be considered for the scholarships and grants for which they qualify, or will be given the opportunity to apply for a scholarship if participating in an institution-sponsored custom or faculty-led program in partnership with CEA.
CEA awards Academic Scholarships, Opportunity Grants, and Custom & Faculty-Led Program Scholarships.
Academic Scholarships will be available beginning with the Summer ‘22 term, and Opportunity Grants will be available beginning with the Fall ‘22 term. Custom & Faculty-Led Program Scholarships are available for all terms in 2022.
CEA will automatically consider all summer and semester students with a GPA of 3.8 and above for a merit-based scholarship of $500.
Beginning with Fall ‘22 programs, CEA will remove common barriers to participation by automatically considering students for the following awards:
- Flight Voucher ($1000) for students who identify as a first-generation college student, a BIPOC student, a member of the LGBTQIA+ community, a student who receives post-9/11 GI Bill benefits, or if you attend an MSI (a Minority Serving Institution), you may apply for a credit that will be awarded in the form of a flight voucher with StudentUniverse to be used toward your study or intern abroad flight.
- Passport Application Subsidy ($130) This grant is specifically for students who are applying for their first-ever U.S. passport. These funds will be awarded as a check and can be used to cover your passport application fee.
- Work-Study Subsidy (up to $2500) To help bridge the financial gap for students who are foregoing on or off campus employment to study abroad, CEA will award funds in the form of a check made out to the student.
We ask that CEA Opportunity Grant recipients empower others by sharing their unique study or intern abroad experiences in one of the following ways:
- Complete a project on your home campus to promote study abroad
- Create a blog post or video for the CEA MOJO blog or our YouTube channel
- Share your study abroad photos or participate in a social media takeover to talk about your study or intern abroad experience
CUSTOM & FACULTY-LED PROGRAM SCHOLARSHIP
CEA is pleased to offer a scholarship option for students participating in a custom or faculty-led program sponsored by their home institution and facilitated by CEA. An application is required to be considered for this scholarship. Please note that students participating in a CEA Custom & Faculty-Led Program are not eligible for other CEA scholarships or grants.
Summer Programs: Up to $800 (up to $100 per week in program length)
Quarter/Trimester/Semester Programs: Up to $1,000
- Program duration of at least 3 weeks
- Applicants must be participating in a CEA Study Abroad program abroad
- 3.0 GPA
- Complete the online Scholarship Application through your MyCEA. This application includes the below required essay. This can only be submitted once.
- Unofficial Transcript
- Personal Essay: Outside of your course requirements, please describe how your study abroad program and location is connected to your global learning and career goals. Write an original 500 word statement of intent detailing why you personally chose to participate in your specific study abroad program and how your study abroad location and experience will impact your global learning and career goals.
|January - February||December 1st|
|March - April||February 1st|
|June - July||April 30th|
|August - October||June 30th|