Internship Abroad Job Description
$1,000 Flight Voucher when you apply with code by September 24, 2020
CEA Internships Abroad is continuously broadening our internship opportunities around the world and takes care to align each internship with an intern’s experience and area of interest. Here is a sample of what veterinary medicine internships abroad can entail.
Interns will gain an understanding of veterinary practices abroad both in the organizational structure and animal support practices. Some duties can include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in care for animals including examinations and treatments
- Operating medical machinery such as x-rays
- Researching medical issues that affect the local region and presenting findings
- Communicating health and wellness practices to clients and the general public
- Analyzing test data to assist is diagnosis
Competency & Skill Development
CEA Internships Abroad aligns each internship and the seminar course to the skills essential for graduates to be considered career ready by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE).
Below is an example of some of the competency and skill development a CEA Internship Abroad has included in past placements. Each internship will focus on the unique goals of the intern and industry which will be identified throughout the interview and coaching process.
Industry Specific Competency & Skill Development:
- Research issues affecting the local region as they compare to common issues in the US and present information.
- Articulate ideas clearly to clients through written and oral communication while adapting the treatment strategy to each individual.
- Understand how the organization utilizes best practices in caring for animals.
NACE Competency & Skill Development:
CEA guarantees placements to qualified students based on each students’ readiness to participate in an internship abroad. Evaluation of readiness will be conducted throughout the pre-departure and internship placement process. Further details will be provided to accepted internship students.