1. Ard Bia at Nimmo's is a great place for brunch and delicious meals. They even have their own cookbook and are located in a great spot, right behind the Spanish Arch
2. Mc Donagh's is the place to go if you're looking for fish and chips in Galway
3. Finnegan's is a great place to get a huge serving of traditional Irish food on an small budget.
Favorite Trad Music Venue:
1. The Crane is my favorite location for traditional music. Located in the west end, it hosts NUIG's trad music society every tuesday night during the school year. It's a must see while you're here
2. Tig Coili is a great spot for musicians from all over to come and play their music in the booth just behind the windows. They were just painting when I took this photo, so you'll have to recognize it by its bold black and red when you come to visit.
3. Taaffes holds great music events all the time. It's conveniently located right on the main street and is a must visit for anyone stopping in Galway.
1. The Quays was on everyone's list for a favorite pub. They have great live music every night and is always sure to be a good time.
2. The Roisin Dubh (the Black Rose in Irish) is a great spot in the west end. It's a younger crowd and every Tuesday and Wednesday night they host Silent Disco.
3. Monroe's Tavern is also in the west end. They have everything from salsa nights to traditional music.
Favorite Outdoor Hangout Spot:
1. Weekend Market is the best way to get a serving of local food. You must try the doughnuts, it's not an over-statement when I say, they are the best doughnuts you will ever have, and for only 80 cents!
2. The Salthill Prom whether you want to go for a nice walk, swim or lay on the beach, the Salthill Prom is the ultimate hangout spot. Take a dive on the Blackrock diving board to feel like a local.
3. The Spanish Arch is a well known feature of Galway, and on sunny days you'll see this area crowded with people enjoying the sunshine!
Anna Toman is the spring 2013 CEA MOJO for Galway, Ireland
Read more about our CEA MOJO Bloggers & Photographers.