This salad is a regional dish from Murcia, in southeastern Spain. Simple and refreshing, the preparation time is about 10 minutes. The combination of tomatoes, roasted peppers, olives or capers, boiled egg and fresh onion is delightful.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
- 2 roasted red peppers, peeled and seeded
- 4 ripe round tomatoes, or 6 Roma tomatoes
- 1 bunch (5-6) green onions or 1/2 large white onion
- 1 6-oz can tuna in oil or cooked cod fish meat (deboned)
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 12 pitted black olives or 2 Tbsp capers
- 1/2 cup extra virgin Spanish olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar salt to taste
Preparation: This easy Murcian Salad recipe makes 4 servings.
Cut the roasted peppers into strips and set aside. Rinse and cut the tomatoes into quarters and set aside.
If using green onions, wash thoroughly and trim the green stalk. Cut onion and stalks lengthwise. If using a white onion, cut into thin slices.
Drain excess oil from tuna can and using a fork, break tuna into pieces in a bowl. If using cod fish meat, break into pieces in a bowl.
Arrange tomato quarters, onions, red pepper strips on four salad plates. Peel hard boiled eggs and cut into halves. Place one half on each plate. Arrange tuna or cod chunks and olives or capers on the plates.
Whisk olive oil and vinegar with a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Drizzle over each plate or serve in a small bowl on the side and allow guests to dress their salad.
Read more about our CEA Content Creators.