10. Talk your roommates into recycling. Buy a couple plastic trash containers and start separating your recyclables from your trash. If your building doesn't recycle, find out where the closest recycling center drop-off bin is and create a schedule with your roommates. Take turns dropping off you recyclables once a week.
9. Take shorter showers.
8. Turn off the water when you're brushing your teeth.
7. Turn off the air-conditioner/fans/heater when you leave your apartment.
6. Turn off the lights in rooms you're not using.
5. Laundry night? Make a group thing. Instead of wasting water on a partial load, ask your roommate(s) to if they have anything to throw in. (Just make sure one of you is paying attention to colors and whites!)
4. Whenever possible, use public transportation instead of renting a car or taking a taxi.
3. Rent a bicycle instead of a scooter. (Get a group together for a city tour!)
2. When hiking, stay on the marked trails and discard of your trash in appropriate trash receptacles. If there are none, take your trash with you when you leave.
1. Buy local! Instead of shipping your toiletries, etc., overseas, buy from the local market or store. You'll save shipping costs and support the local economy you're visiting.
Find out what CEA Global Education is doing to operate a green business.
Happy Earth Day!
Read more about our CEA CAPA Content Creators.