About the Program
A virtual internship provides you with a unique opportunity to gain global professional experience, boost your career profile, build an international professional network and expand your skill set while staying local. Placements across many overseas locations across a variety of career fields. Our strong academic focus and personalized placements are dedicated to meaningful experiences that make a real impact, allowing you to give your career a boost while gaining the global experience you’ve been seeking at an affordable price. Learn more about the benefits of a virtual internship with CEA.
- late Jan 2021 - late Mar 2021
- Apply by:
- Withdraw by:
- Application Requirements
- Internship Interest Form
- $95 Online Application Fee
- Transcript - Unofficial
- Complete Application
- 1 year as a registered college student by the time of application
- 3-4 courses directly related to the internship field of interest or 6 weeks full time work in the field is encouraged.
- Foreign Language
- All Levels, although absolute beginners are discouraged. Native English or equivalent fluency may be required for some placements.
- Minimum GPA:
- Internship Career Field(s)
- Accounting , Advertising , Agriculture , Anthropology , Architecture , Arts , Broadcasting , Business Management , Communication , Computer Science , Culinary Arts , Culture , Data Management , Design , Economics , Education , Engineering , Environmental Studies , Exercise , Finance , Food Science , Health , Hospitality , Information Technology (IT) , International Relations , Journalism , Law , Life Sciences & Resource Management , Marketing , Media Technology , Museum Studies , NGO & Development , Non Profit Administration , Political Science , Psychology , Public Relations , Publishing , Sales , Social Sciences , Social Services , Sports Science , Sustainability , Teaching , Theatre , Urban Planning , Veterinary Medicine , Visual & Digital Arts , Visual Arts & Design
CEA’s virtual internship only programs include a personalized internship placement and a flipped classroom-style online academic course. Your internship work schedule may vary depending on industry standards for your career field and will be determined after you arrive.
Multicultural Workplace Internship Course
The required multicultural workplace course has been designed to help you make the most of your internship and launch your transition to professional with the refined and strengthened career skills employers are craving. The course features 8 hours of live, synchronous coaching sessions during your internship and includes additional self-directed course content, activities and assignments equivalent to about 30-40 hours total. You will automatically be enrolled in the multicultural workplace course upon acceptance of your internship placement.
The 3 credit internship option includes the required online hybrid course and 120 hours in your internship placement. Together, the internship hours and course are worth 3 credits.
Career Coaching & Placement Process
Once you’ve submitted your application, your career development adventure will begin! The placement process is more than just securing an internship placement. You will engage in a career exploration and coaching journey with your internship coach to help you to identify your ideal professional pathway. During this time, you will receive 7-10 hours of professional career coaching via video, email and workshops.
You will also engage in additional interviews with our in-country internship coordinator and your potential host site supervisor. The host site retains the final decision regarding placements, so it’s important that your interviews reflect your maturity, adaptability, curiosity, and commitment to both your career interests and the host organization.
Upon successfully completing your in-country internship coordinator interview, CEA guarantees you a placement that will support the personal, professional, and cross-cultural learning objectives you have identified in your career coaching process. All placements will be secured two weeks prior to program launch.
If you have confirmed an internship placement through independent contacts, we can also support you in securing important logistics such as visas, housing, and credit. Contact an admissions counselor for more details.
All Levels Course Structure
Course offerings are contingent upon enrollment. We'll post an updated list once offerings are finalized.
*Courses with an asterisk indicate that the course has been associated with multiple subject areas.
Please click on the course title to view additional subject areas and detailed course information.
The calendar for this program is coming soon; please check back later.