University College Dublin - Direct Enroll Available Sessions
Get a Flight Credit worth up to $500 when you apply with code* by March 15, 2024
About the Program
Immerse into student life at the University College Dublin (UCD) one of Ireland’s most prestigious institutions featuring triple accreditation from AACSB, EQIS and AMBA. UCD’s campus is located south of the center of the city, where you'll attend class with local Irish and other international students for a truly integrated experience. Students have access to a diverse and flexible curriculum in a wide variety of departments, including business, STEM, and the arts.
- 8/31/24 - 12/22/24
- 12 - 18
- Apply by:
- Withdraw by:
- Application Requirements
- Program Participation Agreement
- Complete Application
- $95 Online Application Fee
- Transcript - Official
- Education Completed:
- Be the equivalent of at least a 2nd semester Sophomore (strongly recommended)
- Minimum GPA:
Enroll in 4-6 UCD courses, 12-18 US credit equivalents. Contact hours and meeting times vary; courses may be structured as seminars, lectures, or tutorials.
The academic structure lists a small sample of the subject areas available. You will have access to introductory, intermediate and advanced courses in a variety of subject areas. See below for information how to access the University College Dublin website to access a full list of courses.
Students will register for modules (what we call courses in the U.S.) around a month prior to the start of the program. It is in your best interest to have multiple alternative courses approved by your home university prior to your departure due to course availabilities. Please consult with your academic advisor at your home university on credit pre-approval guidelines.
The host institution has offered the following courses in the past. Please note that course listings may not be finalized until the start of the term; we’ll post an updated list when the host institution finalizes its offerings.
*Courses with an asterisk indicate that the course has been associated with multiple subject areas.
Please click on the course title to view additional subject areas and detailed course information.
- Students will register for modules (what we call courses in the U.S.)around a month prior to the start of the program. Module information will be sent to you directly from UCD.
- CEA CAPA recommend securing academic approval of 8-10 courses prior to departing for the program. It is recommended that students take between four and six modules.
- Click here to search all modules offered by UCD
- Modules can also be searched by school - click here.
- Use the filtering systems to search by subject or module level. It is recommended to search modules by school, as you will likely be taking all of your modules within one department.
- Module registrations take place in three phases:
1. Register student account (2-4 weeks prior to program start)
2. Register for modules within a department (1-2 weeks prior)
3. Register for modules outside of the department (in-country) via the study abroad program manager within their department
Get out and explore! Excursions are offered for most semester, year, and summer programs*. Semester students are typically offered between two to three excursions and summer study students are typically offered between one to two excursions. You'll receive a calendar of excursions during orientation; here are a few day and overnight excursions we've offered in the past.
This budget contains costs that you can take to your financial aid office. Please note that amounts may fluctuate; we’ve included a range of costs.
Federal law allows the use of financial aid to cover “reasonable” costs of study abroad including round-trip transportation, tuition and fees for the program, living costs, passport and visa fees, health insurance, and more.
Please note that all costs and charges listed below are subject to change without notice. With the exception of Program Price, all costs are estimates and may vary.
Below is a tentative itinerary for your program. Please note, dates and events below may change without prior notification. Contact CEA CAPA before purchasing airline tickets.
You will receive a finalized itinerary once you arrive onsite.
Note: Additional cultural activities/excursions or required course-related activities may be incorporated into your final itinerary. You are advised not to make personal travel arrangements until you have the final dates.