- History of Spain – What a better place to learn Spanish history than Spain? And then, we get to visit the sights and ruins here in town. And all the others are only a small bus trip away!
- Spanish Literature (in Spanish) – It’s the hardest class I have right now, but so rewarding! Every class brings me one step closer to being fluent, and the professor makes even the sad stories lots of fun.
- Photography – Different than any class I’ve taken before; we’re learning history, theory, photo composition, and everything in-between. You know I’m not artistic! But in this city, it’s almost impossible not to take a picture you want to frame.
- Advanced Spanish (in Spanish) – All-around language class. The teacher grew up here in Sevilla, and half of our conversations are structured around getting us to know local customs and how to be a local for these four life-changing months.
- Tapas Cooking (in Spanish) – Yes, you read correctly! This is a four-hour long class where we learn how to cook Spanish foods! Can’t tell you how giddy I am that morning, looking forward to the class in the evening. With chef hats and aprons, we learn about the foods and flavors, chop, sauté, cook, bake, mess up, and cook again. Then, the last half hour is dedicated to sitting and tasting everyone’s creations. I’ll have to make you some tapas as soon as I get back!
| Would you believe me if I told you behind those doors is the room where
Ferdinand and Isabella personally gave Columbus permission to sail?
| Yes, this is our creation: "Tortilla de Papas"
Spanish Potato Omelet
Jansen Nash is the Spring 2014 CEA MOJO in Seville, Spain. He is currently a sophomore at Clemson University.
Read more about our CEA Content Creators.