Here are the requirements for your video submissions (including TikTok/IG Reels)
Technical Requirements for YouTube Videos
Submitted videos must meet the following requirements:
- File type: MP4, QuickTime, or Mpeg
- Resolution: 1920x1080, 1280x720, or 854x840
- Horizontal video (for YouTube) 3-5 mins long
- Videos must contain at least 40% B-Roll footage (not just an interview or shots of the same person)
- Use Royalty-free music
- Can be narrated by you, feature you, etc.
Technical Requirements for TikToks/IG Reels
Submitted videos for TikToks/IG Reels must meet the following requirements:
- File size: The video should be up to 287.6 MB in size for iOS, or 72 MB on Android.
- Orientation: TikTok is formatted to be viewed on a smartphone, so vertical video is best.
- Dimensions: TikTok video dimensions should be 1080×1920.
- Aspect Ratio: The aspect ratio should be that of a standard smartphone screen, 9:16. 1:1 is also possible, but it won’t take up the whole screen.
- File Type: TikTok supports .mp4 and .mov files.
- Use commercial sounds audio or edit without audio
Submitting YouTube Videos
When you're done with your video post, you will upload your final file (in .mov or .mp4) to your Google Drive folder, just like you do with your photos. That's it! We will then upload it to CEA's YouTube. Please do not put them on your own YouTube/Vimeo profile.
Submitting TikToks/IG Reels
When submitting videos that you would like us to publish on our CEA TikTok account or as an IG Reel on our Instagram, please make sure to do the following:
- Submit all the video files you want us to edit together on our TikTok as separate video files. This way we can create the TikTok on our account and/or if we need to recreate it, we will be able to do so without having to contact you for the video files.
- Use the VN app to edit your TikTok/IG Reel together. Please try to refrain from editing your TikTok on the app, as we don’t want to publish your video on our CEA TikTok with the watermark of your personal account on the TikTok or IG Reel we publish.
- Use commercial sounds or edit without audio
- Mention to us the name of the audio you wish for us to include with your audio free video from TikTok
- Content CANNOT include swearing, disrespectful language, dangerous activities (eg., skydiving, parties, non-cultural alcohol events, etc.), nudity (exception for art), alcohol (exception for CEA events). Please also see CEA's online community guidelines.
- All submitted work is your own, is NOT featured anywhere else and becomes CEA's property.
Helpful Editing Apps
- iMovie & Windows Movie Maker
- Find apps like 1SE (one second everyday) to capture your everyday life while overseas.
- VN app for iPhone & VN app for Android
Awesome CEA Videos
- Can't disagree with this one. Live out your movie dreams by studying or interning abroad!
- What's your reason for studying abroad?
Read more about our CEA Content Creators.