Providence College / CEA Center for Theology & Religious Studies
CEA has partnered with Providence College to offer the Center for Theology and Religious Studies at the CEA Rome Center. The Center opens the door to semester-length study abroad opportunities to study theology and religion in the heart of Rome, a cultural and religious crossroads for today’s Roman Catholic Church.
Students attend classes at the CEA Rome Center located in the Prati neighborhood, as well significant sites in and near the Eternal City, including the Vatican Museums, St. Peter’s Basilica, and the Catacombs of San Callisto. Classes are taught by CEA faculty, including local experts and scholars.
Academic Program: As part of the program, students are required to take "The New Testament in the Eternal City" and Italian language. Other courses can be chosen across a wide variety of academic disciplines, including business, social sciences, and humanities. All courses are taught in English with the exception of Italian language. In the Fall term, students may also enroll in a course at the nearby LUISS University, where they will learn alongside Italian students. Disciplines include economics, finance, history, international relations, and political science, as well as others. Students will have the ability to enroll in one of the following academic tracks:
- Study Only
- Study + Business Consulting – In addition to their coursework, students will take part in CEA’s global business consulting offering, involving an academic course and project-based learning with real-world business enterprises in Rome
- Study + Internship – In addition to their coursework, students will participate in a CEA internship involving an academic seminar and a part-time local internship placement in Rome
- Program Price: Providence College Tuition + CEA Room and Other Fees
- Credits: Up to 17 Semester Credits
- Language of Instruction: With the exception of the Italian language courses, all classes are taught in English
- Housing: PC students will be an apartment with an Italian roommate. PC students are not eligible for other housing options.
- Sample Budget (Fall 2022 / Spring 2023): Know what expenses to expect if you study abroad.
- Open to juniors and first-semester seniors
- Minimum cumulative GPA 2.75 required
Withdrawal Deadline: The Withdrawal Deadline is the last day a student can withdraw from a program and not be held responsible for full payment or be eligible for a refund. If you need to withdraw from the program for any reason, you must email your Student Services Coordinator before or on this date. After this date all students are financially responsible for the program fee due to CEA regardless of participation in the program. The deadlines are the following:
- Fall 2022: July 1, 2022
- Spring 2023: November 1, 2022
Payment Deadline: Payment must be by this date in order to participate in the program. The deadlines are the following:
- Fall 2022: August 1, 2022
- Spring 2023: December 1, 2022
Learn More About Studying Abroad in Rome
For More Details
Center for International Studies
Harkins Hall 215
Providence, RI 02918-0001
Contact Your CEA Advisor:
(800) 266-4441 Ext. 2756