Internship in Sydney Available Sessions
$1,000 Flight Voucher when you apply with code by January 30, 2020
About the Program
Join the workforce in Sydney, one of the largest business hubs in the Pacific Basin, to explore your career options and start building a successful future. The Internship in Sydney program allows you to make steady progress toward your degree while developing practical skills in fields like Finance, Visual & Digital Arts, Business, NGO/Non-Profits, Communication, Health & Social Services, Marketing, Public Relations, Tourism & Hospitality, and more. Add on the optional Discovery Week prior to the start of your internship program to experience “classic Australia” through meeting koalas and kangaroos and visiting famous tourist sites and beaches. Learn more about the benefits of a CEA internship.
- 5/22/20 - 7/25/20
- Apply by:
- Withdraw by:
- Application Requirements
- Transcript - Unofficial
- Complete Application
- $95 Online Application Fee
- Internship Interest Form
- 3-4 courses directly related to the internship field of interest or 6 weeks full time work in the field is encouraged.
- 1 year as a registered college student by the time of application
- Minimum GPA:
- Internship Career Field(s)
- Accounting, Advertising, Architecture, Arts, Broadcasting, Business Management, Communication, Computer Services, Culinary Arts, Culture, Data Management, Economics, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Exercise, Finance, Food Science, Health, Hospitality, Information Technology (IT), Journalism, Law, Life Sciences & Resource Management, Marketing, Mathematics, Media Technology, Museum Studies, NGO & Development, Non Profit Administration, Performing Arts, Psychology, Public Relations, Publishing, Sales, Social Sciences, Social Services, Sports Science, Sustainability, Theatre, Tourism, Urban Planning, Veterinary Medicine, Visual & Digital Arts, Visual Arts & Design
CEA’s summer internship program includes an academic seminar and an internship placement. Your internship work schedule may vary depending on industry standards for your career field and will be determined after you arrive.
The full-time internship includes a 32-hour course and 240 hours at your internship placement over 8 or 12 weeks. Engineering internship placements are available for 12 weeks only. The internship course is comprised of a weekly classroom-based seminar and career development portfolio project. Together, the class and internship placement are worth 6 credits.
We strongly recommended that you apply for this program as soon as possible. Internship positions are selective; students who demonstrate both professionalism and commitment throughout the process are most successful in securing placements.
The placement process involves two video interviews: a screening interview with your Internship Specialist and a final interview with your host site supervisor. The host site retains the final decision regarding placements, so it’s important that your interviews reflect your maturity, adaptability, curiosity, and commitment to both your career interests and the host organization. Upon successfully completing your host site supervisor interview, CEA will identify a placement for you based on the personal, professional, and cross-cultural goals reflected in your interview. All placements will be secured two weeks prior to arrival.
Upon placement, you'll automatically be enrolled in your internship course.
All Levels-50921 Course Structure
The host institution has offered the following courses in the past. Please note that course listings may not be finalized until the start of the term; we’ll post an updated list when the host institution finalizes its offerings.
*Courses with an asterisk indicate that the course has been associated with multiple subject areas.
Please click on the course title to view additional subject areas and detailed course information.
Get out and explore! Excursions are offered for most semester, year, and summer programs*. Semester students are typically offered between two to three excursions and summer study students are typically offered between one to two excursions. You'll receive a calendar of excursions during orientation; here are a few day and overnight excursions we've offered in the past.
The sample budget is unavailable at this time. Please check back later or ask your CEA Admissions Counselor/Site Specialist for a comparable program’s sample budget.
The calendar for this program is coming soon; please check back later.